When I was first setting up my muscles, I figured that I'd need to come up with some fancy method of mirroring them. But I figured I'd first try just scaling them in -X to see if that would be a viable solution. At the time, I was surprised to see that it worked really well. All the controls, flexing, and whatnot still seemed to work. However, now that I'm trying to surface constraint them, I'm coming up with problems as a result (as seen below).

Right now I'm working on a script that will duplicate the original curves on each muscle that defines its shape, scale those in -X, run the joint building script with values of the original muscle, and then apply any transforms in inverse that have been performed on the muscle control curves. Unless anyone can think of a better way?
No comments:
Post a Comment