Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Ok, Maybe Skin Deformations Aren't Entirely Almost Done
I realized that my skin deformations would have problems with parts that involve vertebra connections, because the connections work by adding vertebra, instead of the usual deforming existing bones. Right now, the border connects, but doesn't do so properly, because it connects based on original positions, rather than its position after first being deformed by the underlying bone, and thus the vertex matching is wrong (getting the twist-like topology shown below). I plan on tackling this by using the curve that is created to place the new vertebra in the bone connection as a guide for extruding the border edge before it connects. I'm hoping I can make use of maya's ability to do this, however, if that doesn't give me good results, I'll have to write my own 'extrude along curve' procedure, which should be a simple task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment