With my wrap deformer-like process I'm deforming the skin based on what the bone is doing (specifically each vertex on the skin does what the closest corresponding vertex on the bone is doing). Unfortunately, this process broke down at the border edge, where some parts of the border were trying to deform based on parts of the bone that didn't move, while others were deforming based on parts that did. So I now have the borders all moving by the same amount to preserve them. This works fine in simple cases, but breaks down in cases where more transformations (i.e. rotations) have been performed to the connecting part. As such, I am now having the border snap directly to the connecting part (which it needs to do eventually anyhow) and working from there.
Here's how it looks right now, in a situation where it works. Note the features seem to remain relatively intact.
No comments:
Post a Comment