Saturday, April 18, 2009

Skin Deformation Working!...Almost

I fixed the problem where the border would get stretched while trying to connect due to some of the border edges being closest to vertices on the bone that don't move and also fixed several other problems that came up along the way. Now I've got the skin connecting quite nicely on one end.

First, I've just noticed that I'll need to be maintaining all border edges, not just the connecting one. The connecting border was the only one getting malformed in my original test case, but in further tests I notice that the problem I was experiencing affects non-connecting borders as well. There is also a problem of interpenetration of the bone with the skin due to the smoothing built into the deformation. Not entirely sure how to tackle that problem, I'll have to think on that. Finally, the transition between the outSkin and inSkin is too sharp and will need some sort of smoothing after connection.

No comments: